Clan O'Brien
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan O'Brien

Renaissance Kingdoms Independent Forum for the Clan O'Brien.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Becoming Eternal [1457]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenibelle
Ard Banríon
Jenibelle

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Becoming Eternal [1457] Empty
PostSubject: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:33 am

.: October 1457, Somewhere on the Road :.

Jenibelle grasped her side as she stumbled towards the beach and the tavern they had passed earlier. Her body shook as she walked. But she wasn't going to let anyone else see that. Pride they said could be a down fall. Her side burned from where she had been stabbed and blugeoned. She stifled another shiver. Fever could be a bad thing at this moment. But some how she wasn't in the mood to go back and report new symptoms to her daughter. Pride.

Her body learched forward before she could grasp at a tree holding it with a tight grip as she willed herself to stay standing. Her nails dug into the soft bark as she tried to control herself. "Just a little further and you can lay down for the night." She murmured to herself. She cursed herself as she continued to hold on to the tree. She should have stayed at the inn or walked with Briscoe.

She closed her eyes and rested her head against the tree.

The clouds moved fast in the sky as she lay in the springtime grass. Her hand moved over the sword in the grass beside her. The blade she would need in the future. A long way in the future. "In a time I'll forget who I am." Her voice was a whisper as she lay under the ever spanning branches of the large Oak tree. Where she came to dream.

Brigid. That's who she was now. She liked who she was. Well now she did.

"Need a hand there?" Heregrim stepped from behind the tree and cocked his head to one side. It made the bloody mess that was his face less horrifying when viewed from an angle. The bandages remained wrapped tightly around one eye and the stitching done to his neck and chest made him look similar to some monster in the Sagas. Never one to claim beauty, his looks had taken a definate downturn. "I've seen your body in much better shape, lets get you back down to the doctor." Grim bent over to pick her up.

Jenibelle laughed softly at the comment. "She'll just give me another lecture .... my daughter is good at lectures." She whispered as she reached out and hesitently took Grim's hand. Her mind moved over the last time in Chester they spoke. "I just need to get back to the house ...." Body forced itself to get up and move to a more standing position.

Grim frowned causing him to look somewhat worse than death before scooping her up, "Briscoe would have my head if I let you walk in your condition." He shook his head softly and strode off back the way Jen had come. "You would think you had better blood." The frown turned into a soft smile, "Hope Keegan takes after my side."

"I still have both my eyes." She heaved as her body shook almost violently. "Remember ... Ludlow." She whispered as her body continued to shake. The pallor of her face growing grayer. "Keegan ... now he's better then the both of us." Her whisper was quieter as her mind didn't stay focused just continued to move over topics.

"Never was much with a bow, so loss of an eye wont hurt." Grim talked as he tried to keep her awake, "Never will forget Ludlow, times were," he paused searching for the right word, "simpler. Now look at us, I lost my good looks and you seem to be loosing your mind." He laughed quietly causing his arms to shake softly.

"Simpler ... simpler ...." Sher repeated as pain moved through her body as she braced herself in his arms. "A simpler time and a simpler mind .... like the fields of wheat ....." Her voice grew quieter as she grew more limp in his arms. Her eyes growing more heavy.

"Remember me ... cause I won't remember myself." She told him. Dearg. Danu said that she would come back. But she wouldn't remember. Remember. The necklace she had to remember the necklace. Her hands gripped his sword before she ran to meet the on coming army. Giving the rest time to flee. Those that had to survive needed a chance.

"Been awhile since I have seen my wheat field. Still hire people to work it, but it is out there that calls me." Heregrim examined the buildings as the drew close, "Town smell; too crowded." He looked down at Jen's peaceful face as her eyes closed. Shaking his head again he tossed her up, catching her roughly as he moved her over a shoulder before knocking and bringing her softly back into the cradle of his arms. "Wake up Jen...death hasn't claimed you yet."

She winced at the movement as her eyes slowly moved open. "Those fields.... no one stood a chance." She teased softly as her tongue felt heavy. She felt her eyes drooping again as she grasped his shirt in the pain. She wanted to scream but something caught her voice. Things were changing and she couldn't stop it. "One feels foolish when they envy a field."

"Freya and Frigg didn't feel the need to bless our marriage and Jah didn't seem to help either. You were never meant for me, I was only a stopping point for you." He laughed again, "How can one compete with an island? And you complain about one small field." he teased back. The door opened and Grim stepped inside, "She thinks its time to die. I figured you would have different plans." He set her down roughly and reached back to give her a quick slap to bring her back around.

Hands moved her and quiet murmurs didn't cut through her dark. Like a lover she wanted to embrace the dark. Dully her lids fluttered closed. Another slap cut across her face but it didn't phase her. Instead she lulled and relaxed into the darkness.

Her body was so tired of fighting of being one of the few that stood for justice. Others preteneded but Jenibelle laughed and screamed in the face of injustice. That's why she had been stabbed. A mistake. The wrong person was on the road. She tried to appease and work with the Duchess but to no avail. The Duchess went back on her word and an army came down on them.

So tired.

When he eyes opened she was on her back in the middle of a wood. Later she would come to know this wood as the woods of the gods. But all she could do was look around in awe. The warm hues of brown and gold were perfectly balanced with the green tones of the leaves and the gray of the mosses.

Her body rolled and pressed off the ground. She was expecting pain. She had been hit hadn't she. Carefully she took stock of herself. Her hands were clean, not dirt smudged and soaked red with blood. Her hands moved down her side slowly. With a surprise there was no gash. No blood.

Looking down her body she was confused. A soft dress of pure white hugged her form. Her hands grew excited over the fabric. It glowed under her hands. The dress was long and pooled at her feet. As her eyes were still going over the newness of clothes a thud came from a short bit in front of her.

Her black eyes looked forward and found a white mask. The shape and look was something she would never forget. Knees bent her hands lifted the mask and took a closer view. "You took my name ..." Jenibelle's eyes flicked up to see a woman. Black hair and black eyes. Pale skin like her own. Dressed in full black battle leathers. A bow was attached to her back and a sword at her hip.

"Morrigan ... The Morrigan."

Last edited by Jenibelle on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://clanobrien.forumotion.com
Keegan

Keegan

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:30 am

Earlier that day they were told that momma and her company would be coming home. Worry seemed to was over Briscoe's face when he heard the news. It meant something had gone wrong. So it worried Keegan. Adults never liked to share with children their worries, which bothered Keegan. He could see the worry and he could feel the worry. So why not talk about it.

A fast rider came at sun down. And Briscoe quickly gathered Keegan, pointless to gather Bebinn as through the worry she had clung to her Da. Bebinn was so tiny compared to Keegan so he thought. Her small presence reminded Keegan that no matter where you were you could always find someone smaller than you. The cart was already attached to Laughter, Briscoe's mule as they set out at a quick pace to meet momma.

"Your momma ... she's hurt, children." Briscoe's speech was hollow as they rode mostly in silence.

In the middle of no where, on the cliffs by an ocean stood the small tavern that they had been led to. A large furry man stood outside the door as a guard. Keegan vaguely remembered the man. But he seemed to make Briscoe stand more on edge. "You promised no harm would come to her." Chills went down Keegan's spine as he heard the tone in Briscoe's voice. He had never seen or heard the man that angry. As a young child, Keegan grabbed to Briscoe's shirt and hid from the man and Briscoe's tone. Bebinn wailed and cried.

"Momma ... momma." Her little voice carried over the sound of the waves as they entered the building.

The sight was one of aw and horror for Keegan. His momma lay on the table with much red stuff staining her shirt and hands. Her pale skin that usually shone like the moon, was chalky and white. A man with an eye patch stood near her as his sister, Alys, worked on the wounds.

"Jen ... death isn't ready for you yet." The booming voice Keegan recognized. His father. Heregrim looked up at Briscoe with a sad but determined face. "You would think that a woman so stuborn would be fighting harder." Keegan couldn't see anything but his momma and hear Bebinn's crying. With a gentle guide, Briscoe pressed them back into the store room of the tavern.

In the dark they sat huddled together. Pressed against each other. Keegan didn't know about Briscoe, but tears flowed down his cheeks. They couldn't live without momma. She had to get up off the table. But wisdom in Keegan told him not to speak. Bebinn at some point fell asleep.

A dull light shone at the end of the hallway. Keegan could recognize the glow of blond hair around Alys' face. Her face held the unspoken need of Briscoe's help. Momma had told him that selkie could talk with their minds. And maybe this is what this communication looked like. But Keegan didn't know.

"Keegan ... I have a job I need you to do." Keegan sat up proud at those words as they cut through the silence. Briscoe could trust him to do any job. "Watch Bebinn ... while I go and help with your momma." Tears shone in the older man's eyes. Keegan could only nod and help Briscoe to place Bebinn into a basket that Keegan could easily watch.

"I will ...." Was all the boy could whisper.
Back to top Go down
Jenibelle
Ard Banríon
Jenibelle

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:01 pm

The Morrigan looked over Jen slowly as if sizing her up. Her vibrant green eyes sliding over every inch of Jenibelle, it made Jenibelle want to cover herself or hide. Something other than stand there. "You took my name ...." Half a smile quirked on the goddesses lips. Jenibelle could only nod.

"You killed a man ... nay men with my name." The goddesses eyes looked deliberately at the ground to the mask. "And you fought well." A hint of pride seemed to be in Morrigan's voice but Jen didn't dare look up for a certain fear filled her whole being. This had to be a dream.

"I picked you well ...." The goddess continued as a dull buzz filled Jenibelle's mind. There was something she was forgetting. Maybe somewhere she should have been. What was it? Her hands pressed to her temples as the buzzing became more pronounced. The shock of it dropping her to her knees in front of the mask.

A sword dropped onto the pile of cloak and mask. "Pick it up." Morrigan's voice whispered into her ear dulling the buzz sound. "You are going to need it chosen one. For you are on a great journey. And with that and a blink, Jenibelle found herself high up in the mountain ranges. The wind pounding at her body.

Sídhe was older than the peoples that had forgotten his name. Not only that but they changed his name to mean a loosely assorted group of fairy folk. It wasn't his idea to be made as such. But one usually forgot about the wind. It was the nebulous area around the living. And he was there to meet the chosen.

Jenibelle wasn't certain how she knew all of that about Sídhe. But she did. They stood on the top of a mountain and she also knew that this was the place where the four winds joined. Her body was brushed on all sides causing the white dress to wrap around her legs and her waist length curly hair whip around her that she had to keep her hands in it to press the locks out of her face. The sword she noticed had now moved to the scabbard at her hip.

Distantly she wondered if she would have to battle the tall lean man in front of her. His arms were wiry sinnue and chorded muscle. Gods she didn't want to fight him. He smiled at her in a way that made her knees quiver with fright. Swallowing hard she spoke. "Hail and blessings." Her tone was very formal but how else would one address a god?

"Hail Chosen." He bowed his head towards her and she tried to curtsy but the dang wind only allowed her to bow her head back. "I have agreed to teach you of the air ...." Sídhe leaned forward and kissed her soundly. She wanted to press him away but with the kiss her body and being filled with air. It flooded her lungs, stomach, legs. Her heart, soul, mind. The light blue of it breezed in and around her.

When Sídhe pulled back all she could do was scream from the fullness of it. Her head falling back as a primal wail of the wind off the moors, the ocean, and the mountains rolled into one ripped from her throat. And she fell back into the flames. The only image following her was that of a white falcon.

Last edited by Jenibelle on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keegan

Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:48 am

Drowsy sleep had over taken the small boy as he watched over his little sister. When he awoke she watched him silently with large black eyes. Momma had told him that Bebinn with her silence was different than when he was her age. Keegan had been talking as soon as he could make noise. His little sister was the opposite. She made small soft clicks and sing-song sounds to communicate. But her eyes were ever watchful, Keegan never knew what she understood.

"Momma will be fine." His voice was small as he tried to convince her as much as he tried to convince himself. "She will stay with us." Bebinn cooed comfortingly as her tiny hand moved up and rested on his. Keegan couldn't help but to smile. Tears formed in his eyes but he pressed them down. He had to be strong for Briscoe and Bebinn.

The wind howled outside the walls of the tavern. Buffeting and bracing against the timbers. A loud slam in the main room caused Keegan to rise and grab the basket Bebinn was in. Dragging it to the main room he spotted the wolf haired man and Heregrim trying to jam the brace beam down on the door to keep it closed.

Timbers rattled louder and louder shaking dust and plaster from the ceiling and the walls. Each moment that passed brought about another howling shake. It was like the world was waking up. And it was grumpy. A louder scream brought his attention to where his momma lay on the table. Her body bowed as if in pain and moved to the wind.

As she screamed, Bebinn made chittering sounds. Excited and not a hint of terror within her. It was more like his little sister was cheering on the screams. With a delightful sound she screamed back with momma. Keegan wanted to hide but he couldn't move from the spot he had occupied. With wide blue eyes he turned his attention back to the table and his momma.
Back to top Go down
Briscoecounty

Briscoecounty

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Briscoe was not much of a healer, that had been evident early on. He came from the sea to the land, Ireland, with seemingly no talents of worth. Alys was one of the strong healers -- so he let her work her magics on Jenibelle's body. What Briscoe did possess, perhaps especially in Jenibelle's case, was empath powers. The sun had sent him at the moon's request for the saving of Jenibelle, not through the normal "power" means of muscle or words, but by empathic means. Jenibelle and Briscoe shared hearts somehow, and he could get into her soul when she allowed. This was the "power" he could wield to save -- as often as she needed saving. And now ... Jenibelle seemed to need saving.

Battle wounds do terrible damage to heads, arms and hands, torsos, legs ... but feet usually escape damage. Much quicker and more damaging to strike an opponent anywhere other than the feet. So it was with Jenibelle now. Therefore Briscoe stood at one end of the table, his hands lightly gripping Jenibelle's feet, his eyes comfortably closed. Once he had helped to restore her by forcing badness out her feet into the earth; now he worked to block her life-force from exiting through her feet. He did not try to force her into stillness. When she thrashed about he let her move; sometimes he lost hold of one foot or the other, but never both simultaneously. Only at those times did he open his eyes. Once he held both feet again his eyes closed to shut out everything but her. His soul was open as he fed his strength, his being, into her. He rubbed her soles with his thumbs, massaging himself into her skin ... into her being.

Now Jenibelle thrashed worse and screamed loudly as though from a great distance. A new sound, a chittering sound, drew Briscoe's attention partially away from Jenibelle. He turned his head and saw -- Keegan, Bebinn. His daughter seemed to be in sync with Jenibelle, in that nether-world he could not perceive. Keegan, though ... the boy was terrified. Briscoe whistled softly to get Keegan's attention. Even though Briscoe's eyes were damp with unshed tears he smiled at Keegan.

"Your mother is ... becoming ... more." The words were strongly sent, softly spoken. "She needs us ... to be her anchor ... to remind her where home is. ... As Bebinn is doing ... I suppose." Briscoe looked quickly to his daughter before returning his gaze to his son. He motioned with his head for Keegan to move to the other end of the table. "Do not touch her ... except on parts that do not move ... lest she hurt you unawares." He shrugged to the boy. "What we can do ... how we can keep her ... you, my son ... her firstborn ... brush her hair. I have this end ... you take the other ... we will hold her safe between us. Clean her hair ... untangle it ... she will feel the gentle pull on her scalp and she will know."

Briscoe met Keegan's eyes again, read the pain and the doubts held inside the youngster. "Keegan ... tears can be ... very powerful." The man allowed a tear or two to slip from his eyes before he closed them tight and concentrated fully on Jenibelle again.
Back to top Go down
Jenibelle
Ard Banríon
Jenibelle

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:39 am

The ring of fire burned high and the flame color flickered around the tree forms. It took a bit for her eyes to adjust but she felt the settling of it as if her body wasn't straining against itself. A very odd sensation since she was just walking around. A warmness crept from the soles of her feet and up her body. It felt wonderful like when Briscoe would take care of her when she had been heavy with Bebinn.

Suddenly she was in a panic. Her eyes dashing around looking hard to find away from the flames and a way home. Oh Briscoe would be worried. She didn't want to worry him. Jenibelle was so late. Her hair wiped around her as she turned and turned to find a way free.

"Do not worry so, chosen." Jenibelle turned sharply to come face to face with a woman that looked like her. Identical as if she was facing a mirror. But the figure moved where Jenibelle stood still. Fire lightly left in her wake as the other woman slowly walked around Jenibelle's slim form. "Brigid." She called Jenibelle by her old name. The name she hadn't been in lifetimes upon lifetimes. "Hail and blessings."

"Hail and blessings." The words were faint as they left Jenibelle's lips. Her mind was full of questions, how could she talk to herself, what was going on, and how could she get home.

"I am Brigid ... the you ... you were before you gave your life for Dearg's." Brigid leaned forward and touched the necklace that Jenibelle couldn't remove since it was placed upon her. Some days she wanted to kill Boris. Brigid seemed to laugh at the thought. "He will always be that way. Old habits are harder to change."

Jenibelle lifted an eyebrow at the comment before the goddess continued. "You are becoming what you promised to become when Lugh spoke to you long ago. You promised to be our chosen ... our eternal. But you were fatally wounded before time could come about naturally." A frown crossed Brigid's face. "There was going to be training to ready you for your life ... but we do not have time. We have to save you. Then you can go home."

The words only seemed to anger Jenibelle. How hard had she always worked for the gods and have been laughed at, spat at, insulted. Worse she couldn't find anyone to help her become what she must. Dagda's Wolves were her way of appeasing the gods and working towards the benefit of the Irish. Of the land. "I'm dead!" The statement was loud as Jenibelle screamed. "I've left those I love again ...." She wanted to cry.

Brigid hugged her gently. "You will return .... but first ...."

Two things happened at the same time, Brigid's hand moved to Jenibelle's side. A seering pain coursed through her body as Jenibelle remembered the ugly gash at her side. The one that was bleeding her of all her life. Literally. Fire moved through her and in her as it took all her effort to not sag into the other woman. She was becoming one with the flame as the wind was now apart of her. What were they changing her into?

As the pain ripped through Jenibelle's body, a moon white horse entered the fire ring untouched by the flames. The image held her transfixed as it also held her screams at bay. The horse's black eyes watched Jenibelle as the goddess finished up and pulled her hand from Jenibelle's side. "You will survive." The goddess spoke softly guiding Jenibelle to the white mare. Jenibelle could only nod.

"Thank you." Was all Jenibelle could mutter before mounting the horse bareback with Brigid's help. Softly Jenibelle's fingers wove into the silky strands of mane before the mare moved forward. Cantering at a speed impossible for the terrain of the wood and normal speeds of a horse.

Back to top Go down
Keegan

Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:05 am

Keegan took Briscoe's cue and went to get some water for Momma's hair. Gently and softly he brought the water up into her hair and worked to get the mud and blood out of her brown locks. A few tears flowed down his face as he worked at it. But Briscoe was crying so that made it more okay.

His momma's body stilled and lay almost as if she had passed. But she looked more relaxed from the force of it. Keegan glanced up at Briscoe his eyes wide and blue and hopeful. Maybe they were out of the woods. His sister Alys moved and was working at his momma's side before she yelped and jumped back. "Oh ... that is hot." Keegan looked over at the ugly gash in his momma's side. The skin around it pinked up and then turned red. Smoke started to rise from the wound. "It's like ... it's getting cauterized." The golden hair of his sister shook in disbelief.

There was a hiss of intake but his momma never screamed or flinched as the wound sealed itself together leaving a hideous purple/black mass of scar tissue. Keegan looked back at Briscoe in wonder.

His eyes were still on Briscoe as a loud flame burst from the fire place. The flames reached to the rafters, but didn't burn the timbers there. The candles bowed to the flame and burned high and fast gutting the candles to stubs. Shooting out further from the fire place the flames moved to lick and move around the people in the main part of the tavern.

Instead of burning it was like warm touches. Keegan's eyes teared up more. They felt like when his momma would help him scare away the monsters at night or help him get over a fever. "Momma ... come home." Was all he could think to say. Bebinn with her series of sounds and chitters seemed to chide Keegan for his worry. That this was how their momma was going to come home.

And as suddenly as the flames were upon them, the embers in the fire place went back to normal. The soft cracks and pops of a well behaved fire. An exclamation came from the mouth of the hairy man followed by an oomph of Heregrim's elbow digging into the man's gut. "Behave yourself, alpha. There are children about."

The "Alpha" grumbled something about if it were anyone else's children there would be hell to pay but Keegan wasn't paying him any attention, nor was Briscoe. Keegan just stared at Briscoe trying to understand. He said that momma was becoming more. "But momma already is everything." He finished his thought out loud.
Back to top Go down
Briscoecounty

Briscoecounty

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Flames that leapt from the fireplace to fill the room; candles that moved toward the heat before they melted away; and the flames did not burn flesh. Signs of immense powers at work. Briscoe raised his eyes from Jenibelle's broken body and met Keegan's gaze. The man nodded and smiled. "The gods ... they are making her more ... what they wish her to be."

Jenibelle could name the gods that associated with her, give their histories, recite their legends. Briscoe was not on familiar terms with any gods -- he could sense when destinies were being shaped by the gods but he had no communication with them. Sun, moon, sea -- those were his major deities. He frequently acknowledged gods in smaller entities but he had no formal pantheon. Still, Jenibelle had spoken to him often enough that he could perceive when her personal gods were involved even if he could not label them by name. If these gods had wished him dead -- or wished any of them dead -- the fire would have snuffed out life as it had snuffed out the candles. Briscoe would deal with the immediate problem of restoring and reviving his lover; later, when that crisis had passed, he would reflect on the divine events and meditate on their significance -- if any. Sometimes it seemed to him the gods played games with people just because they could.

"Her gods are doing the serious healing now. That leaves us the detailed work. ... Bebinn, take Keegan's place at your momma's head. Braid her hair for sleeping, Little Moon. ... Keegan, come take my place at your momma's feet. Wash them to keep her cool, to provide a focal point for her, my son. ... Alys, work on healing the scars as best you can. Leave a bit of scar -- your mother would kill both of us if she didn't have any visible reminders to boast about in the taverns." When the three were at work on their assigned tasks Briscoe collected a wash basin and a stack of cloths. Gently he set about washing the blood and dirt from his lover's body in a gruesome mockery of their post-coital ritual.

Last edited by Briscoecounty on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenibelle
Ard Banríon
Jenibelle

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:45 am

Suddenly they were stopped. The mare looked back at Jenibelle indicating that this was the end of the trail for her. Slowly, Jen's eyes moved around where she was. Not sure what was going on. What was before her was a vast ocean. It thrummed with the sound of the tides. Each beat was a pulse of the world. Slowly she slipped off the mare's back to let the horse go where she needed to go.

Becoming Eternal [1457] Event-side-mystical-ocean-light

Jenibelle was a selkie with white skin. The ocean didn't call to her like it did to Briscoe and other selkie she knew. But this ocean not only called but beckoned like a siren. It was a stronger call than a lover to his bed. This must be what Briscoe feels. Closing her eyes she let the feeling wash over her and through her. Slipping the white dress from her body she slowly entered the waters.

The water washed over her like a cloth rinsing each and every wound, scrape, and bruise from her skin and body. It was the gentlest of touches and made her feel truly at peace in this place of the gods. Moving a bit she dove into the water feeling it clean her hair and her face. Each pull of the waves felt like loving hand taking care of her. If it weren't for her worry of making it back to her family, Jenibelle might have wanted to be in the ocean forever.

Rising from the waves, her hair stuck to her head as rivults of water flowed down her face. Pressing the water from her eyes she gasped as she was face to face with a dark haired man. Tanned from being in the sun of the bright waves. "Hail and blessings chosen." His deep base of a voice called to her.

Watching him, Jen remembered him to be Lir. God of the sea. "Hail and blessings." Was about all she could mutter back. "Are you to teach me of the water? Of the ocean?" She asked. It seemed only logical to her. When the god nodded back to her she could only nod with him.

"Chosen ... may I?" He indicated his hand to move to her side as he pulled her closer. The sensation of their closeness was one of calm familiarity. No rising of passions pulled at the closeness more of a settling calm. Slowly, Lir moved pressing his hand to her side then kissing her forehead. A tender and kind gesture for one that is ill.

Instead of the fire that had burned through her body. She felt the patient rushing of water. Flowing with her and around her as coolness filled the burn on her side. Jenibelle found that she could breathe easier and Lir wrapped his arms around her like a father holding an injured child. "Chosen, you are healed. Water can wash away the worst of sins if you remember that. While you are with us you will learn much that will be pressed to the back of your memory until needed." His base voice lulled Jenibelle into almost wanting to sleep as he whispered more to her. Things that she would need later.

It was then she realized that the other gods did the same. When air and fire rushed through her the other gods were imparting information that she would need later. Things that she was to forget now.

Drowsily she opened her eyes to see a moon white seal watch her from the waves. Bouncing with the ebb and flow of the earth. And Jenibelle was truly at peace. She groaned like a small child as Lir pressed her away from his comforting presence. "Chosen ... it is time for you to move on ... there is another that you need to see." Jenibelle nodded as the waves gently pressed her to shore.

Leaving the ocean feeling better than she had in ages, she picked up the white dress and pressed it onto her body. The moment she did so she felt dry and warm. A lasting remembrance of the peace of the ocean. Her hands moved through her hair and found miniature braids dotting her long brown locks. Her feet felt like little hands rubbed them and her body felt free of the film that had been caking her. She could only smile to herself as she headed down a path that seemed to be lit with thousands upon thousands of fire flies.
Back to top Go down
Keegan

Keegan

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:46 am

Keegan tried his best to work at keeping his momma grounded. His small hands ran over her feet in swirling patterns hoping that momma wasn't ticklish. "Stay here momma ... stay here momma." The boy chanted over and over again as his hands continued to move against that part of her skin.

"Selkies love touch and skin contact, mo mac. It is why I love hugging you and kissing your head so much. To show you that I love you." His momma's words filled his body as his focus came solely to grounding her. The waves outside crashed louder as he did. It sounded like they were almost on top of the tavern they were in.

"Hold the door shut, Alpha." Came the gruff voice of Heregrim as the sounds of water started to press against the windows and the doors of the tavern. In hard sloshes. Insistent enough to worry those at the edges but the water did not seem to be trying to come inside, just greeting the people inside. Slowly it rose to the levels of the windows then half way up them.

Keegan looked at the water through the darkening skies with wide eyes. "Briscoe ... those are high ...." Bebinn giggled and reached for the water like most selkies would. She chittered more before turning back to comb her fingers through momma's long hair.

"Kiss!" She squeeled as a lip shape formed out of water on momma's forehead then as if on parched ground absorbed into hie momma's skin. The gods did odd things.
Back to top Go down
Briscoecounty

Briscoecounty

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Briscoe straightened from his task of cleaning Jenibelle's body. He stretched his back and shoulders seeking relief from knotted muscles. If Jenibelle had been here in healed form she would have eased his aches, but only her body was here. The essence that was Jenibelle was somewhere else, somewhere the gods had taken her for their own purposes.

'Hold the door, Alpha.' Briscoe turned his head to glance over his shoulder at the other men. Heregrim had once been married to Jenibelle, supposedly he had loved her that much. Perhaps he still loved her. Heregrim had come to Ireland to run with Jenibelle again, that was devotion or friendship beyond the ordinary. Early on Jenibelle had told her side of the marriage and the splitting stories -- after meeting Heregrim, Briscoe had begun to wonder what story Heregrim would tell of those events.

Alpha, as he was known lately ... Briscoe pursed his lips and growled inside. That one held a power over Jenibelle, a jealous possessive male power that she would not acknowledge even as she favored him to the detriment of her lover/husband. Maybe he held some attraction granted by the gods. Briscoe had taken an immediate dislike to the man, would have faced him and settled the matter of Jenibelle's allegiance once and for all -- but Jenibelle herself had forbidden Briscoe from confronting the one who would become her Alpha. Her demand told the tale. Alpha was her fighter, her hero, her equal. And he was the reason she now lay dead! Briscoe clenched his jaw and chewed his lower lip.

Keegan's worried voice brought Briscoe back to the present reality. He turned back to his children, reached out a hand to touch each of them and reassure them. "High waves, yes. But they are not angry waves. I think the sea wants to be with your momma, to help her heal and help her become that which is more -- whatever her 'more' might be." He held Keegan's shoulder and rubbed lightly with one hand, slid the other hand through Bebinn's curly hair. "Jenibelle is a strange Selkie, at least to my knowing of Selkies. Sea and she must make their own pact, I think." He smiled as Bebinn expressed her child's view of the situation. "Kisses are good, your momma likes kisses, remember?" He leaned to each child and kissed each small head; then he kissed Jenibelle on the valley between her breasts, directly over her heart.

"We share hearts, lover." He spoke silently to her, sending his thought to find her wherever she might be.
Back to top Go down
Jenibelle
Ard Banríon
Jenibelle

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:08 pm

"We share hearts, lover." Jenibelle heard the voice whisper through the trees and the spot above her heart grew warm. Softly he hand touched where the warmth was. "Oh Briscoe ...." Her voice was barely a whisper through the woods. A frown crossed her face. She wanted to go home; she needed to go home. But how?

Jenibelle had to finish the trip through these lands. That much was made clear to her. With a sigh she continued. How much time had passed outside her body? How would she find her children? Worries flooded her.

"You are almost done, chosen." The warm motherly voice came from the heart of a green wood. The trees, earth, rocks were all covered in green. It was very inviting to say the least. Jenibelle knew the voice and face well. Danu. Moving she hugged the goddess tightly as one would greet their mother after a long absence. "Oh child ...." The woman laughed softly and returned the hug.

"I need to go ...." She told the other woman as the ground started to shake. Like it was worried with her.

"Shhhhhh ... child. We have to work on your control over this last element." Danu calmed her and the earth stopped moving. It sighed relief. "I have much to show you and a short time to do it in." Around her she saw adults. Some looked like her; others seemed to remind her of Maeve; one was much like Keelie. "These will be your wards ... those for you to raise and guide. You will forget them after today but I tell you that you will not have to do this alone. For an eternity you will grow and learn." Jenibelle looked back wide eyed at the goddess. Before looking around again. In front of her looked like an older version of her little girl.

"Eternity ... I thought ... Dearg." The name was whispered and the goddess laughed.

"You would think that ... but child that is your past ... your future will be held with much love and much companionship. Though you cannot see it now and you won't." Danu pulled her to look eye to eye. "Now ... the others taught you control you will remember that. But you cannot remember the children." And with that the world went black.

The earth was shaking so hard that it was difficult to catch a breath. With a gasp she sat ram rod straight gripping at the table. Then it was done. The earth sighed relief and Jen was awake. Eyes were wide and dark as they looked around. Her hands moved over her side before looking down to find the flesh white like the moon and totally healed.

"Alpha ..."
"Jen ..."

She heard the gasps at once but neither of those voices were what she was looking for. Standing next to the table was the only one she cared to see. "Lover ..." Her voice croaked of disuse. "Oh ... Briscoe." Tears flowed down her face as she reached out for him.
Back to top Go down
Briscoecounty

Briscoecounty

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:38 am

"Mo stor!" The phrase burst from Briscoe's heart; whether the words were spoken or fully mental was not really important to the couple. Instantly he opened his arms to her and drew her into his sanctuary. In the moment before Jenibelle filled the void in Briscoe's being he saw that her body was now restored to its youthful wholeness, pale with moonglow instead of the former deathly pale of the last few hours. He pressed his face against her neck and nuzzled with hungry happiness. "Welcome home, lover!" A few salty tears spilled from his eyes to lubricate her Selkie skin. Silently Briscoe offered thankful prayers to Sun and Moon.
Back to top Go down
Jenibelle
Ard Banríon
Jenibelle

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:59 am

The first drops of tears on her shoulder started a reaction from her body. She cried deeply as her insides seemed to wring every ounce of sadness and happiness at the same time from her being. "Mo chuisle...." Her words were broken as she held Briscoe tighter crying with him. "I was so scared ... I wanted to come home." Moving her mouth she pressed her lips to his kissing him deeply like lovers separated for far too long.

Somewhere in the kiss, Jenibelle felt small hands press against her leg. Pulling back a fraction she looked down to the bright blue eyes of Keegan with her little moon drop by his side. Smiling she pulled them both into the embrace. Not paying attention to what was going on around her she felt as if they were the only ones in her world. Her family. "Oh how I've missed you all ....."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Becoming Eternal [1457]   Becoming Eternal [1457] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Becoming Eternal [1457]
Page 1 of 1